HRS are fully insured and have all the specialised equipment
to Remove Mould safely whether you have a small project
or large Industrial project HRS can provide you with a
What is Mould
Moulds are simple, microscopic organisms, present virtually everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
Together with mushrooms and yeasts, moulds are collectively called fungi.
Moulds exist to break down organic material and recycle nutrients in the environment.
They need a food source to grow which can be any organic material, such as leaves, wood, paper, or dirt, plus oxygen — and moisture.
Moulds digest organic material and gradually destroy whatever they grow on -
even your furniture, walls and floor if they get wet.
When the conditions suit moulds grow on surfaces with visible discoloration -
green, grey, brown, or black, even white and other colours.
Moulds release tiny spores and fragments which travel through the air. Often attached to these are mycotoxins and allergens which are the main ways that mould affects humans.
What are some of the common indoor Moulds?
Where can you find Moulds?
Moulds are found in virtually every environment and can be detected, both indoors and outdoors, year round. Moulds growth is encouraged by warm and humid conditions. Outdoors they can be found in shady, damp areas or places where leaves or other vegetation is decomposing. Indoors they can be found where humidity levels are high, such as basements or showers.
Health Risks associated with Mould
How do Moulds affect people?
Some people are sensitive to moulds. For these people, exposure to moulds can lead to symptoms such as stuffy nose, wheezing, and red or itchy eyes, or skin. Some people, such as those with allergies to moulds or with asthma, may have more intense reactions. Severe reactions may occur among workers exposed to large amounts of moulds in occupational settings, such as farmers working around moldy hay. Severe reactions may include fever and shortness of breath.
People with a weakened immune system, such as people receiving treatment for cancer, people who have had an organ or stem cell transplant, and people taking medicines that suppress the immune system, are more likely to get moulds infections.
Exposure to moulds or dampness may also lead to development of asthma in some individuals. Interventions that improve housing conditions can reduce morbidity from asthma and respiratory allergies.